Hi, brother , can you give me a ride? 嗨,哥们,能让我搭车吗?
You call me brother? How old are you? 你管我叫哥们?你多大了?
I am 17. 我十七岁
We are (of) the same age ,I suppose.
*of + 形容词 + 名词作补语表示大小、年龄、形状、颜色或价格使,of 常被省略。
No way! I am... 不可能!我是...
Oh, don't waste your strength (in) carrying it. 噢,别费力拿着它了。
*动名词前面的介系词在现代英语中在一定的条件下常被省略。省略的介系词多为 in。
I can do it for you. 我可以给你拿着。
One should think not only of oneself but (of) others.一个人不光为自己也要为他人着想
*在由not only...but also , both...and 等对等连接词或介系词片语instead of 连接的两个介系词片语中,若介系词相同时,第二个介词通常被省略。
What a nasty day. 多糟糕的天气。
Yeah! The snow has lasted (for) two days. 对,雪已经连续下了两天了。
Snow? What are you talking about? 雪?你在说什么呢?
So, where are we going now? 那么,我们现在去哪儿呢?
Going home. 回家。
Going home? Where? 回家? 哪里?
It's near (to) the train station,opposite (to) the post office.在火车站附近,正对着邮局
*near(附近)或opposite(对面)做形容词表示“在...附近”或“在...对面”时后接的介系词to也可省略
(At) What time can we arrive? 我们何时能到?
*在表示时间的名词前有what , this , that , about , next , last , any , some , every 等字时,其前面的介系词常省略。
Very soon. 非常快。
Ok, wake me up when we get there. 好,到时叫醒我。
Who is the boy? 这个男孩是谁?
It's nobody but our dear drunken son. 还能有谁,我们那烂醉的宝贝儿子